Hello Brynwood Swim Team Families!
The 2017 CSRA Summer League Swim Season is coming up fast and we can't wait to get started. We are looking forward to a great season and trying to win another Division I Championship for the Brynwood Swim Team!
Lindsay Wallace and Brennan Day will both be returning from very successful freshman seasons at Georgia Tech to be our Head Coaches. They bring a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm, and I'm sure they'll do a great job for our swimmers.
Pete Wilkinson and Mike Groves will be the team reps this year. We'll be handling a lot of the logistics and details while Lindsay and Brennan focus on getting the kids ready to swim fast.
We have MAJOR need of a few more parent volunteers. Without these positions being filled, we cannot run the team. Please consider chipping in and helping make sure your own kids, and all their teammates, have a great season. The positions are as follows:
1) Volunteer Coordinator - Makes sure we have all our volunteer spots filled for both home and away meets using the Volunteer Spot web app, and makes sure everyone is in position to fulfill their chosen volunteer jobs.
2) Social Coordinator - Plans and manages the Monday night pre-meet Pizza/Pasta Parties and the end-of-year Awards Party.
3) Computer Operator - Uses meet manager software to make heat sheets, inputs results, and keeps score. (Sits in air conditioning during sweltering summer swim meet nights and can take breaks to watch their kids' swims).
Here are some other important pieces of info...
1) Registration - This is scheduled for Sunday, April 23rd from 2-5PM at the Brynwood pool. If you can't make it to the drop-in, no worries! We'll be sending out registration forms in the near future and you can mail us your forms and check.
2) Suits - We will be using the Dolfin Uglie's "Surfari" suits for the girls this year. The boys will wear black jammers with the BST logo. We plan on having someone from Augusta Swim Supply at sign-ups so the kids can try on the suits and order them right there. If you don't want to wait, you can go directly to Augusta Swim Supply and order yours now.
3) First Practices - We will have a staggered beginning of practices this year.
The first day of practice for 10 & Unders will be May 8th. These will be in the evening only. Practice times are yet to be determined.
The first day of practice for 11 & Ups will be May 15th.
Morning practices will begin on May 22nd. Remember, morning practices will have more coaches and lane space available, so this is the preferred time for the kids to come to practice.
4) Meet Schedule - The league has not given us the official meet schedule yet (we're hoping to get this on March 23rd) however, we do know our first meet will be on May 30th. We will likely have the three other meets on June 6th, 13th and 20th, although sometimes other teams request Monday meets. Championships will be the weekend of June 23, 24, 25 (again, we don't know what day Division I will be on) and All-Stars will be on June 26th. We want everyone to be at every meet, so please mark you calendars!
Further details, such as practice times, stroke clinics, official meet schedule, etc. will be coming in the next few weeks.
Please keep an eye on our facebook page for updates. If you want to be removed from this list, or if you have another email address you'd prefer we use, please reply (not reply all!) to this email and we'll get our email list updated.
Thanks, and GO TIDE!
Pete Wilkinson and Mike Groves